Senior Database Administrator
Neotech Development is an international software development company with offices in Baltic States - Tallinn, Estonia and Riga, Latvia. We are a team of highly skilled, engaged and passionate about software development IT professionals. Our goal is creating a software product of utmost quality by using cutting-edge technologies and solutions.
We care about our colleagues, therefore, we provide them with all necessary equipment and benefits taking into consideration individual requests. If you are looking for great colleagues, interesting development projects, nice, bright and modern office space, great coffee and a fridge full of snacks, you're looking for Neotech Development!
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior DBA, reporting to CIO you will direct and perform all activities related to maintaining a successful database environment. Your responsibilities include designing, implementing, backup and maintaining the database system, as well as establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system. In addition, you will be responsible for training employees in database management and use, advising developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc). This position requires staying abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches.
The position is based in Riga but will include business trips to our Tallinn Office as well.
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience in similar or related position
- Expert knowledge of both MySQL(Percona) and Mongo
- Complex problem-solving skills with various SQL and No-SQL technologies
- Failover clustering and other high availability technologies
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning, metrics analysis, query optimization & index tuning
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Experience of configuration management solutions such as Puppet, Ansible
- Exceptional communicator with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Database experience with Cloud environments is a plus
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Professional Certifications is a plus
- Good level of Russian and English is mandatory
- Very attractive remuneration package & benefits, such as health insurance, trainings etc.
- Flexible and informal environment with no bureaucracy
- Friendly, positive, professional and highly engaged team
- Nice and spacious office with free parking, great coffee and fridge full of tasty snacks!