Ruby on Rails developer
Eleving Group is an international and fast-growing Financial Technology company with a vast reach across the globe operating in three continents and with a strong online presence. Group's companies recognize the niche underserved by conventional industry and provide financial inclusion by disruptively changing the vehicle and consumer finance industry and the way people's social mobility can be elevated through access to convenient and responsible lending. Innovative financial solutions, the transparency provided by the presence in the international capital market, and a talented team of more than 1 800 people bring a strong and ambitious mission to life, thus making Eleving Group one of the top fastest and sustainably growing companies in the industry.
Founded in 2012 in Latvia, after expanding to all the Baltics within the first year of launch, Group continued expansion in the following years, serving a total of 14 markets as of 2020. With its headquarters based in Riga, Latvia, the Group operates in the Baltics, Central, Eastern, and South-Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Eastern Africa.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer who works best in a team. We work in an Agile environment which demands professionalism and commitment to quality and offers personal growth and a chance to take ownership of something one is passionate about. As such, we expect our team members to participate in the full life cycle of software development projects, practice TDD, facilitate knowledge-sharing within the team, and take pride in crafting clean code.
- Review development requirements for functionality requested by Product Owners
- Plan technical architecture and feature development into sprints
- Develop software
- Support Product Owner and Test team
- Plan for release and deployment
- Provide post-production support
- Ruby on Rails (Rails 5), RSpec, Rest API, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Familiarity with *nix based systems and Ruby application setup
- Good cooperation within the team who is highly skilled, agile and highly motivated
- Fluent in Latvian or English
You have an advantage if you have:
- Understanding of Finance Service industry
- Understanding of Software architecture paradigms and patterns
- Experience with Test and DevOps Automation
- Experience and practical knowledge with CI configuration (preferably GitLab)
- Experience with system performance tuning
- Experience working with Azure, AWS, Docker
- Salary: 2500 - 4300 EUR gross
- Professional team – be with the best of the best
- Personal growth – doors are open - your career path is in your hands,
- No bureaucracy – implement your ideas next day
- Global – growth ambition limited by globe
- Modern office environment, possibility to work remotely
- Health insurance from day 1
- Paid parking