JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER (WITH KUBERNETES) FOR SWISSCOM
IT Camp partner – SWISSCOM – Switzerland’s leading telco company and one of leading Swiss IT companies. Over 19000 employees are working for Swisscom in Switzerland, Italy and Netherlands and it is one of Switzerland’s most sustainable and innovative companies, one of the top 3 Swiss employers for IT specialists – one league with worldwide giants like Google and Microsoft.
Due to the growth of company, brand new DevOps centre is being established in Riga, Latvia, and we invite you to join it.
What you would need to know.
Structure of company: horizontal, Agile. Swisscom’s Agile teams are fully empowered to make their own decisions, to take over ownership and to be responsible for their actions.
Environment: Innovative. Flexible. Transparent. Stable. Start-up vibes, while corporate culture.
Size of Team in Riga: 40 developers/DevOps by the end of 2021.
The product/Team: Team of 4 developers (2 in Switzerland and 2 in Latvia) will be responsible for delivering data between Swisscom as a service provider and customers. The team is working in all layers of the solution - starting from equipment and cabling, networking/fibre up to application and GUI.
Main tasks: to be a part of a small team, which operates data capture and delivery over the network. You will take part in a process orchestration and CI/CD pipeline automation. Your role will be to work in developed instances, to provide support during the applications’ development and to learn from experienced team members to become a professional of development lifecycle.
- more than 3 years hands-on experience and know-how of Java;
- experience with SQL is a must;
- to be familiar with container-orchestration systems (Kubernetes/ Docker);
- experience with CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Maven, HELM);
- very good English (both written and spoken).
- Salary till 3200 EUR net (depending on experience);
- Flexible schedule and possibility to combine work from office and remote mode;
- Relocation package;
- Newest Technologies, employees are working with all kinds of different technologies including leading edge solutions;
- 24 working days of annual paid holiday per year, excluding public holiday;
- Cell Phone and Internet Allowance;
- Health Insurance.
- Continuous professional development (dedicated learning days, participation in conferences, cross-department experience sharing etc.);
- Annual salary review.
Share with colleagues
Rate this job offer