This job offer has expired.
Senior Back-End Developer
KASKO is one of the fastest growing InsurTech start-ups revolutionising the multi trillion insurance industry. So, you have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology, help shape a platform from ground up, leveraging microservice, and leave your mark within an exponentially fast-growing business. Oh, and we are a friendly and fun bunch of folks to work with!
We’re backed by some of the UK’s top investors incl. Seedcamp (TransferWise, PropertyPartner) and Chris Slater (Co-founder Simply Business, 500m exit). We are currently expanding our awesome development team based out of Riga and London.
We have a simple technology philosophy. Anything and everything should be automated.
The front-end of our platform is currently built on JS Webapps. The back-end is build entirely on a Microservices architecture.
These together allows us to easily deal with the multitude of complex and different workflows that could go into selling different insurance products in different places.
Currently we get things done with Angular, Typescript, PHP, and AWS, however we don’t limit our selection to these technologies, we believe that a good engineer can rapidly pick up any technology.
We’re looking for a Senior Back-end Software Engineer who’s keen to take on big projects from scratch and shape how this platform and company is built.
We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for large areas of delivery. You’ll have the opportunity to build things the way you want to from scratch.
- Strong programming skills and a track record of getting projects done
- A passion for building great software
- Strong PHP experience
- Solid working proficiency of the English language
- Comfortable with frameworks like Laravel and Symfony
- Experience building RESTful API’s
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with any of following: Angular.js, React, Golang, Node.js
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- DevOps skills
- Experience in FinTech
- Github profiles you’re proud of
Only as a team can we make our vision a reality. We offer:
- An attractive salary package
- Options for all (based on experience and performance)
- Unlimited holiday (you’re responsible for your own time off)
- Health insurance
- Learning budget you can use for courses, conferences or other learning opportunities
- Company laptop
- KASKO Trips! about once a quarter, we pick a city, get an Airbnb, fly in from the different offices and meet up for fun, some work and more fun.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org