This job offer has expired.
Senior Software Engineer
We’re an InsurTech business backed by some of the UK’s top investors incl. Seedcamp (backers of Transfer Wise, Property Partner and Revolut) and Chris Slater (Co-founder of Simply Business, 500m exit).
We have an amazing technology platform, clients that are keeping us super busy and a clear vision of where the insurance industry is going and how we can help it get there! But to do that, we need to expand our awesome team.
We’re a diverse bunch from all over the world, with backgrounds in everything from insurance and technology to languages and history and we believe that diversity is what makes us so strong, so everyone has the opportunity to shine.
Problem we are solving
Insurance – we all need it; most people are confused by it and few really “get it”. Insurance products are hard to understand and don’t always seem to cover what you expect and on top of this buying insurance isn’t easy. In a world where we can get most things at the click of a button, buying insurance is usually still an offline or late-1990s-digital nightmare, with confusing forms and a horrible customer experience.
Existing legacy IT-systems make it hard for insurers to bring out new products quickly, to sell them in digital channels, to integrate 3rd party services and to test what works and what doesn’t, in a low-cost way.
We offer a digital insurance platform, which acts as a middle layer between insurers and the digital world. This makes it easy for insurers to:
- create new insurance products
- offer best-in-class digital customer journeys
- connect to 3rd party APIs
- build in a sandbox or fully integrated with existing systems
We can do this in a matter of weeks, rather than the traditional insurance speed of months or years.
KASKO’s platform empowers the multitrillion-dollar insurance industry to embark on the digital revolution that other industries have gone through already. It allows insurers to build better products for consumers and allows digital business of all types to work closer with insurers to deliver these products.
We have a simple technology philosophy. Anything and everything should be automated.
The front end of our platform is currently built on JS Webapps. The backend is built entirely on a Microservices architecture.
These together allows us to easily deal with the multitude of complex and different workflows that could go into selling different insurance products in different places.
Currently we get things done with Angular, PHP, and AWS, however we don’t limit our selection to these technologies, we believe that a good engineer can rapidly pick up any technology.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer who’s keen to take on big projects from scratch and shape how this platform and company is built.
We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for large areas of delivery. You’ll have the opportunity to build things the way you want to from scratch.
- Strong programming skills and a track record of getting projects done
- A passion for building great software
- Strong PHP experience
- Solid working proficiency of the English language
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of designing principles behind a scalable applications
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in FinTech
- Github profiles you’re proud of
Only as a team can we make our vision a reality. We offer
- An attractive salary package, starting from 3000 EUR (after tax)
- Options for all (based on experience and performance)
- Health insurance
- Unlimited holiday (you’re responsible for your own time off)
- Learning budget you can use for courses, conferences or other learning opportunities
- Company Laptop
- Nice office in Riga center
- KASKO Trips! about once a quarter, we pick a city, get an Airbnb, fly in from the different offices and meet up for fun, some work and more fun.
Shape the future of KASKO and the entire insurance industry.