This job offer has expired.
IT Team Leader
Fly Now Pay Later is disrupting the world of travel tech and is on a mission to help global travel businesses increase their sales by allowing their customers a flexible payment option at checkout.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE FLY NOW PAY LATER?
-We focus on the first-class service
-Everybody has a voice within a world-class team
-Laser focus on results
-We choose action over perfection
-We remember the glass is always half full
These are the values that define who we are, which have empowered our staggering growth over the last 4+ years. Based in the heart of London and Riga offices, we’ve raised over £35m in funding to roll out our payment solution to the travel industry. Fly Now Pay Later’s team has grown exponentially over the past 12 months and is growing by the day. As a testament to the culture and company we’ve collectively built, our world-class company has been featured in some of the UK’s top travel publications, whilst have Rockstar clients in their roster such as Lastminute.com.
We’re truly on a mission to redefine an industry, and as a result, it’s a challenging environment! We don’t wish our problems to evaporate; we want bigger, better, and more challenging problems to tackle every day. We’re a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative, and fun group of people to work with! We invite you to come and join us!
About the Role:
We seek an experienced Information Technology Team Leader who is motivated to lead our software engineers and implement new processes for custom financial web applications. You will manage the day to day activities in an efficient manner and support the team in meeting business goals.
Your tasks will be:
- Manage the operational activities of the IT department
- Advance technical development cycle productivity by:
- working on policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to advance technical development cycle productivity
- building process measurement and control mechanisms
- Enhance the technical software quality by introducing and implementing new engineering standards and processes
- Create feedback loops at all levels to ensure work delivers value
- Ensure team members receive regular and actionable feedback
- Mentor and coach your team members around their strengths and weaknesses to increase their individual effectiveness in the team
- Effectively manage team members following company procedures and processes
- Establish technical team training and workshop practices, part-take in new team member hiring
- Share your progress by building oversight reports, KPIs and other material displaying team progression
You should apply if you:
- Have at least 2 years of experience as IT Team Leader of a minimum 15 people team
- Have at least 5 years of experience in programming
- Have experience with Laravel or Symfony frameworks
- Have a good understanding of Agile methodology
- Have good knowledge about SDLC and DevOps
- Have experience in Jira; Git, and PHP Storm
- Feel comfortable and enjoying writing documentation
- Have excellent verbal and written knowledge of English
- Have experience working in a fintech or payments company
- Have a growth mindset and willing to learn
Considered a bonus if you have experience working in a fintech or payments company
Why join Fly Now Pay Later?
- Work with a driven, fun and highly experienced team
- Flexible hours and a supportive environment
- Birthday and wedding day off and 25 vacation days
- Team building activities
- Cozy office in Jaunā Teika area and Teikums events
- Fruits in the office
- Paid Jaunā Teika parking
- Salary increase in the annual performance report