This job offer has expired.
DevOps Engineer (Any level)
Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart, and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
We welcome DevOps Engineers, who are expected to:
- Have a working experience in creation, implementation and maintenance auto-deplyment process and Continuous integration / Deployment set-ups in software development project for international clients;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux server's administration;
- Experience with cloud AWS;
- Deep understanding of the Web Servers, configuration, optimization for different use;
- Familiar with security concepts on both an infrastructural level and an application level (SSL, secretcs management, database encryption etc.). Experience with security audits;
- Experience with SQL Server. Simple SQL knowledge;
- Strong communication and collaboration;
- experience with high-load ecommerce websites (Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud platforms) and multi-tier applications;
- Knowledge of the MS Azure. Experience with setting up infrastructure in cloud;
What does it take to become a DevOps Engineer?
- Send your CV or a simple e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org saying you want to join us;
- Have a conversation - we will get back to you very soon!
- Complete a test to see if you meet the minimum requirement to be part of the team;
- Come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life;
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand the basics of server side, have AWS experience or similar, and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
What is it like to be a DevOps Engineer?
- Work on multi-side platforms, e-commerce systems and B2B service platforms;
- Develop and implement continuous integration scripts using best practises;
- Make architectural design decisions, solve technical problems, and make improvements to our systems;
- Troubleshoot problems together with your team members;
- Being a DevOps in Scandiweb is a very special experience because, while there are more than 100 developers, there are only a few DevOps, so you are joining a very small and friendly (and important!) family!
- CrowdBonus - every month colleagues reward each other;
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together;
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco, Las Vegas and more;
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey, ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season;
- Professional certification;
- Company covered Friday lunch;
- Access to our free and ever-growing library;
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance;
- And more! But that you will find out when you come to visit :)