This job offer has expired.
Mid Level Magento Developer
Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
We welcome Mid-Level Magento Developers, who are expected to:
- learn from their Mentor - even if you are mid-level, there is so much to learn. And you got the best to learn from!
- have a clear goal in progression to become a Senior - we have a Power Up plan done together with a Senior colleague, who helps you set goals and achieve them
- be involved - ask questions, explore alternative solutions, challenge yourself and others
- get a mission! A big goal that will change your life and the life of others!
- be part of the family, ask for help and help others
What does it take to become a Mid-Level Magento Developer?
- send your CV or a simple e-mail to email@example.com saying you want to join us
- have a conversation - we will get back to you very soon!
- complete a test to see if you meet the minimum requirement to be part of the team
- come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life
- pair program with our team member or have a technical conversation
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand OOP and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
What is it like to be a Mid-Level Magento Developer?
- you are a part of a small team working on a Magento project together
- you get medium-complex real-world tasks, build, test and ship to Live
- your teammates help you to choose the best tech solution
- we make complex Magento projects, so you will have a chance to learn a lot of related tech e.g. middleware, PIM, CRM, ERP integrations
- you will get help and code review to make sure your results are great and you are learning
- you start with the most progressive tech stack OOP frameworks, Docker, GraphQL, React, Vue and much more!
- you follow Magento news and Magento community to continue your path to the excellence in this sphere
- you train and pass all relevant Magento certifications to help us continue to be the most certified Magento team in the World!
- Our team is well paid at competitive rates
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave and health insurance
- Paid summer office - relocate during Latvian winter to Morocco, Malta, Cyprus or Bali
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Covered parking place
- Friday dinner with the company
- Atomic Parties - get funding for your party idea, ask our HRs how much fun is happening
- Legendary parties, including the biggest corporate event in the Baltics, ScandiFest! Take part in fire walking, pottery making and many more fun and challenging activities!
- Monthly pocket money - get small stuff on your own without bureaucracy
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
- We want you to stand up and play - office foosball, ping pong and snooker
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- Flexible working hours - students are welcome!
- 24/7 access to any of our offices. Choose your own place and style of work!
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey and ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season.
- Paid dry cleaning of your clothes - just hang them and get them cleaned back in a few days
- Weekly workshops on new technologies from your colleagues + professional certification
- Top-end equipment of your choice
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- And much more…