Mid Web Developer (FE/BE)
We are Managed Services Department which is part of Scandiweb. 35 friendly and extremely knowledgeable professionals maintain, integrate, improve, launch and consult foreign eCommerce business clients and projects. We are working with tens of large and complex projects through full eCommerce cycle, server infrastructure, technical state, improvements, we even are involved in business aspects of turnover and conversion rates.
We use a Scrum-based team approach towards a large variety of technical implementations. From simple slider module implementation to multi-region sale maintenance and creation of complex server environments.
Our work is truly unique for Latvia and knowledge that you will acquire with us will not limit to just Web Development. Same as we will be glad to share with you our past experience and reach new heights together, as our already made efforts are recognised worldwide and currently we feel bit overbooked without you.
Requirements for a comfortable start
- Understanding and passion for PHP, HTML, CSS+LESS, SASS, MySQL, OOP and MVC frameworks.
Good, but not obligatory on the start (we will teach you HOW)
- AWS and multi-region scalable solutions with disaster recovery plans.
- Knowledge of Magento, Shopify or Wordpress CMS structure and their business side.
- JIRA, Confluence.
- JS frameworks or Laravel (we would appreciate any other frameworks as well).
- High-load testing, Automated testing, work with Varnish, Memcache, NoSQL, Composer.
- Creation of solutions for Payment, Shipping, Storage via API and custom integrations.
- Our team is well paid at competitive rates
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave and health insurance
- Paid summer office - relocate during Latvian winter to Morocco, Malta, Cyprus or Bali
- Scheduled or on-demand power-ups
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Covered parking place
- Friday dinner with the company
- Atomic Parties - get funding for your party idea, ask our HRs how much fun is happening
- Legendary parties, including the biggest corporate event in the Baltics, ScandiFest! Take part in fire walking, pottery making and many more fun and challenging activities!
- Monthly pocket money - get small stuff on your own without bureaucracy
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
- We want you to stand up and play - office foosball, ping pong and snooker
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- Flexible working hours - students are welcome!
- 24/7 access to any of our offices. Choose your own pace and style of work!
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey and ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season.
- Paid dry cleaning of your clothes - just hang them and get them cleaned back in a few days
- Weekly workshops on new technologies from your colleagues + professional certification
- Top-end equipment of your choice
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- And much more…
What does it take to become part of our team
- send your CV or a simple e-mail to email@example.com saying you want to join us
- have a phone conversation - we will get back to you very soon
- complete a test to see if you meet the minimum requirement to become part of the team
- come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life
- pair program with a team member and have a technical conversation