This job offer has expired.
Progressive Web App (PWA) Developer
Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we’ve made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! Our aim is that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
We do not expect to meet many PWA developers here, so who we are looking for?
- a person sharing our vision of PWA being the next big thing for both mobile and web
- a person either having experience with front-end frameworks e.g. React, Vue, GraphQL, local storage libraries or enough experience, courage and passion to lock him or herself in the office whilst they get up to speed!
- learn from our solutions and bring your life experience into helping us to shape the future of the web
Scandiweb is building next generation front-end & UX solutions for eCommerce. This industry is currently worth billions of dollars and expected to double in the coming 3-4 years.
How to apply?
- send your CV or a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying you want to rock PWA
- have a conversation with us - we will get back to you very soon!
- you will have a test relevant to your experience and ambition to join the PWA team
- come to an interview, learn more about our daily life and meet your potential PWA colleagues
- pair program with one of our team members or have a technical conversation
What is life like for a PWA dev in Scandiweb?
- everybody wants it FASTER :) but you want to make it BETTER
- there is competition from Europe and US for similar solutions and we want to be there first.
- your colleagues are exceptional at what they do, and together you’ll be a part of a fantastic problem-solving team
- all the company and soon, the entire world of eCommerce world will watch you and wait for your next release
- Our team is well paid at competitive rates
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave and health insurance
- Paid summer office - relocate during Latvian winter to Morocco, Malta, Cyprus or Bali
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Covered parking place
- Friday dinner with the company
- Atomic Parties - get funding for your party idea, ask our HRs how much fun is happening
- Legendary parties, including the biggest corporate event in the Baltics, ScandiFest! Take part in fire walking, pottery making and many more fun and challenging activities!
- Monthly pocket money - get small stuff on your own without bureaucracy
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
- We want you to stand up and play - office foosball, ping pong and snooker
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- Flexible working hours - students are welcome!
- 24/7 access to any of our offices. Choose your own place and style of work!
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey and ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season.
- Paid dry cleaning of your clothes - just hang them and get them cleaned back in a few days
- Weekly workshops on new technologies from your colleagues + professional certification
- Top-end equipment of your choice
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- And much more…