This job offer has expired.
Project Manager on Steroids - Mid-Level
Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we’ve made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! Our aim is that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
What do you mean - On steroids?!
What if I told you that after 15 years in IT, I have never seen a project led successfully by a large managerial team?
Teams consisting of Enterprise Architects, Risk Managers, Technical Leads, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Account Managers, Project Managers, User Journey managers, Resource Managers are formed to eliminate any risk of failure, and yet not only do failures happen, but projects are also hurt by having such large teams.
So, what have I seen?
The point of failure or stagnation is due to friction between the different managers, who each have different agendas and goals. Communication barriers and issues appear and in the end, nobody focuses on the project as a whole - people care more about being, for instance, a good Business Analyst, rather than making the best project possible.
I have seen enterprise and startup level projects successfully led by a single person, who was efficiently embodying all of the above-mentioned titles but only on a temporary role level.
The solution to the managerial conflict is both simple and complex. Simple - we solve it by having only one person embody the roles of Product Owner, Business Analyst and even Enterprise Architect... Within one person these roles are synchronous, eliminating friction, conflict and communication issues. They are immediate, instantly and mutually informed on all the aspects of the project. Here's the hard part - it takes a hero and a lot of smarts, energy, experience, and passion to become such a person.
Be it Walmart, Jaguar or New York Times, we treat every project as a startup. A project is led by one PM with on-demand access to almost 200 talented colleagues working with you under one roof. At Scandiweb we have a support ecosystem with Senior PMs, Devs, Marketing experts always available at an arm's reach.
How to become one?
Easy. Join us and you'll go above and beyond what you ever thought you could achieve. Understanding technology and embracing soft skills are the core values.
The Junior-Mid-Senior Scale is based on your skills across multiple competences such as technology being both app logic and infrastructure; understanding of business logic, or, in simple terms, how a business makes money; your interpersonal skills - being a listener, being aware of the team's emotional state and your own emotional intelligence. Persuasion, sales and writing skills are also part of the mix as the best sale is always made by a person who knows EXACTLY what he or she is selling!
For the Mid Level, we expect you have had concrete experience in the roles traditional for a Scandiweb PM - technology, business analysis or sales. We find that candidates with strong tech experience and skills are much more successful and advance further, as long as they are prepared to build up their arsenal of soft skills. However, we will expect you to forget everything you learned and be an empty glass again. Follow, learn, accept the challenge, be stressed, be happy, feel the joy and see yourself becoming a One Man Army capable of launching your own startup, leading Enterprise Development or inspiring a hardcore tech team to reach seemingly impossible results!
Ready to try?
- send your CV or a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting this job offer
- have a conversation with us - we will get back to you very soon!
- you will have a test simulating some of our PM tasks to see how you approach solving them
- come to an interview, learn more about our daily life and meet your potential colleagues
- pair-PM with one of our Senior PMs and have a more in-depth interview
- Our team is well paid at competitive rates
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave and health insurance
- Paid summer office - relocate during Latvian winter to Morocco, Malta, Cyprus or Bali
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Covered parking place
- Friday dinner with the company
- Atomic Parties - get funding for your party idea, ask our HRs how much fun is happening
- Legendary parties, including the biggest corporate event in the Baltics, ScandiFest! Take part in fire walking, pottery making and many more fun and challenging activities!
- Monthly pocket money - get small stuff on your own without bureaucracy
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
- We want you to stand up and play - office foosball, ping pong and snooker
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- Flexible working hours - students are welcome!
- 24/7 access to any of our offices. Choose your own place and style of work!
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey and ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season.
- Paid dry cleaning of your clothes - just hang them and get them cleaned back in a few days
- Weekly workshops on new technologies from your colleagues + professional certification
- Top-end equipment of your choice
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- And much more…
Looking forward to your call! Feel welcome to request a pair-PMing session with me, once you pass the test.
Antons Sapriko, Scandiweb's first Project Manager.