Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we’ve made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! Our aim is that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
What will it be like as a QA lead?
- You hate that some developers need QA to make sure that their work is good. Check this video for the message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0O1VVqRSK0&feature=youtu.be&t=32m42s
- You have to help them to integrate automated testing FE / BE tools to make sure their work is automatically checked, no need for manual QA and DevOps are self-QA-minded
- Whenever possible help to change DevOp mentality to make sure they test, re-test, and write testing scenarios and they CARE about delivering the result, rather than iterating between QA - Failed QA statuses.
- Remember, you will be the only and the last QA we will have in our company. When your mission is complete you will get "golden parachute" and can rest or move to another department in our company.
What is expected from a QA lead?
- You have to be a great coder with QA mentality as you will have to set the benchmark for e.g. PHP Unit testing, CasperJS testing, and hooking of the tests to Bamboo
- Hands-on DEV/QA experience
- You have to believe that QA is spoiling developers, so we have to eliminate QA in our company
- Hands on experience with major automated QA tools, their integration, adaptation to different projects and teams
- You need either strong authority and professionalism to be respected or be really nice persons so that people respect / like and follow you.
What does it take to become a QA lead?
- send your CV or a simple e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org saying you want to join us
- have a conversation - we will get back to you very soon!
- come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life
- Our team is well paid at competitive rates
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave and health insurance
- Paid summer office - relocate during Latvian winter to Morocco, Malta, Cyprus or Bali
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Covered parking place
- Friday dinner with the company
- Atomic Parties - get funding for your party idea, ask our HRs how much fun is happening
- Legendary parties, including the biggest corporate event in the Baltics, ScandiFest! Take part in fire walking, pottery making, and many more fun and challenging activities!
- Monthly pocket money - get small stuff on your own without bureaucracy
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
- We want you to stand up and play - office foosball, ping pong, and snooker
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco, and Las Vegas
- Flexible working hours - students are welcome!
- 24/7 access to any of our offices. Choose your own place and style of work!
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey, and ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season.
- Paid dry cleaning of your clothes - just hang them and get them cleaned back in a few days
- Weekly workshops on new technologies from your colleagues + professional certification
- Top-end equipment of your choice
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- And much more…