This job offer has expired.
Senior Magento Developer
Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart, and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
We welcome Senior Magento Developers, who are expected to:
- first and foremost - learn! Yes, you are Seniors, but, if you want to advance further, you need to become an empty glass again, or, at least, a half-full one
- have a Mission. Why do you do IT? Who do you want to become? What impact can you make? You have great power, so let's figure out how to use it together!
- be involved, learn what is the Scandiweb way of doing things and become a role model for others
- become part of our humble family, ask for help - you will definitely see a lot of new stuff you did not know, learn it and help others
- help the team to innovate. You know what cutting edge is - share it with others and let's get there together!
What does it take to become a Senior Magento Developer?
- send your CV or a simple e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org saying you want to join us
- have a conversation - we will get back to you very soon!
- complete a test to see if you meet the minimum requirement to be part of the team
- come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life
- pair program with our team member or have a technical conversation
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand OOP and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
What is it like to be a Senior Magento Developer?
- you are a part of a small team working on a Magento project together
- you get challenging real-world tasks, build, test and ship to Live
- you join pair programming with Senior teammates to learn from each other and validate complex design decisions
- we make complex Magento projects, so you will be challenged by making sense of Magento-related middleware, PIM, CRM, and ERP integrations
- first, you make sure you understand Scandiweb quality standard very well and then you help other teammates with code review
- you will enjoy adoption of progressive tech stack in OOP frameworks, Docker, GraphQL, React, Vue to one of the biggest projects in the World
- you follow Magento news and Magento community to continue your path to the excellence in this sphere
- you train and pass all relevant Magento certifications to help us continue to be the most certified Magento team in the World!
- as a Senior you usually share your knowledge through workshops and conferences worldwide
- Our team is well paid at competitive rates
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave and health insurance
- Paid summer office - relocate during Latvian winter to Morocco, Malta, Cyprus or Bali
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Covered parking place
- Friday dinner with the company
- Atomic Parties - get funding for your party idea, ask our HRs how much fun is happening
- Legendary parties, including the biggest corporate event in the Baltics, ScandiFest! Take part in fire walking, pottery making, and many more fun and challenging activities!
- Monthly pocket money - get small stuff on your own without bureaucracy
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
- We want you to stand up and play - office foosball, ping pong, and snooker
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco, and Las Vegas
- Flexible working hours - students are welcome!
- 24/7 access to any of our offices. Choose your own place and style of work!
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey, and ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season.
- Paid dry cleaning of your clothes - just hang them and get them cleaned back in a few days
- Weekly workshops on new technologies from your colleagues + professional certification
- Top-end equipment of your choice
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- And much more…