Site Reliability Engineer (any level)
I will tell you one thing that may make you remember Scandiweb, every time you do... anything.
How is it possible?
Think about cars for example… Ford, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, BMW, Jaguar, or Land Rover? We built their sites to sell their cars.
Wearing socks, maybe HappySocks? Well, we built their stores too!
Applying L'Oreal or Lancome makeup? That's our customer!
Running in PUMA shoes? Their eCommerce store was made by Scandiweb!
Buying tickets at airBaltic.com or visiting THE MET museum in New York? Made in Scandiweb. Enjoying… hmm… yeah, we made an official Durex site too!
We welcome Site Reliability Engineers, who are expected to:
- learn from their Mentor - even if you are already mid-level or senior level, there is still so much to learn. And you got the best team to learn from!
- have experience in development and interest in Site Reliability Engineering
- BUT if you already have experience in SRE, join as well as we are expanding our Server Development department and are looking for all levels
- have a clear goal in progression to become a Senior - we have a Power-Up plan done together with a Senior colleague, who helps you set goals and achieve them
- be involved - ask questions, explore alternative solutions, challenge yourself and others
- get a mission! A big goal that will change your life and the life of others!
- be part of the family, ask for help and help others
What does it take to become a Site Reliability Engineer?
- Apply using the “apply for this job” button on the right!
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand the basics of server side, have AWS experience or similar and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
NOTE! If you are starting the work remotely you will need to have your own hardware setup. After the probation period hardware upgrade can be agreed upon.
What is it like to be a Site Reliability Engineer?
- you are a part of our small SRE team working together on company infrastructure solutions and tasks for our customers
- you get real-world tasks, set up, configure and see how your solutions work under real-life heavy load
- as a Site Reliability Engineer, you will have independence for implementing non-critical tasks
- our Engineers are friendly and supportive like no others - they will help you with any challenges you will stumble upon
- you will get mentorship, knowledge sharing and solution review as well as a lot of pair-admining to make sure you do great and learn a lot!
- you start with the most progressive tech stack Kubernetes, Docker, SSO, Logstash, Prometheus, Graphana, Terraform, Vitess and much more!
- being a site reliability engineer in Scandiweb is a very special experience because, while there are more than 100 developers, there are only a few site reliability engineers, so you are joining a very small and friendly (and important!) family!
- Professional certification
- Optional flexible working hours
- Commitment to your professional growth
- Health Insurance
- Language course coverage
- Access to a free and ever-growing library
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!
Share with colleagues
Rate this job offer