Web Developer (Business Maintenance department)
We are Scandiweb Support, department of 35 friendly and extremely knowledgeable professionals who support, maintain, integrate, improve, launch and consult foreign eCommerce business clients and projects.
Do we do usual call-centre/help-desk support things? No. We use a scrum-based team approach towards a large variety of technical implementations. From simple slider module implementation to multi-region sale maintenance and creation of complex server environments.
Our work is truly unique for Latvia and knowledge that you will acquire with us will not limit to just Web Development. Same as we will be glad to share with you our past experience and reach new heights together, as our already made efforts are recognized worldwide and currently we feel a bit overbooked without you.
Requirements for a comfortable start:
- Understanding and passion for HTML, CSS+LESS, SASS, PHP, MySQL, OOP, and MVC frameworks.
- A desire to learn and use Scandiweb provided non-limited resources to the maximum.
Good, but not obligatory on the start (we will teach you how):
- AWS and multi-region scalable solutions with disaster recovery plans.
- Knowledge of Magento, Shopify or Wordpress CMS structure and their business side.
- JIRA, Confluence.
- JS frameworks or Laravel (we would appreciate any other frameworks as well).
- High-load testing, Automated testing, work with Varnish, Memcache, NoSQL, Composer.
- Creation of solutions for Payment, Shipping, Storage via API and custom integrations.
- 4 Modern offices in Latvia, 2 of which are in Riga.
- Best gadgets that you wish for productive work (MacBook Pro as a standard station etc.).
- Flexible working hours for students and experienced colleagues.
- Covered courses and education. Weekly workshops. Abroad conferences.
- Flat company structure. We value common sense and experience, but not just position tag in your email signature.
Our promise to you:
- Rewarding salary - scheduled or on-demand power-ups. Based on your real input in your team and department success. Not counted by code lines you made and no corporate bullshit involved.
- Team and company activities - Evening tea, games with colleagues, free tickets to any concert, monthly big department party, huge ScandiFest and WinterFest with all the company. If you will find what to add on top, we will implement it!
- Trips - Business trips, leisure trips, special event trips. Only this year we went to SE, NO, UK, ES, USA, CH, HR, MA, NL.
Who we are:
A local company that makes the world know that Latvia is not only a country of blond girls but also the place to go for THE BEST CODE! We made Reuters, Metallica, New York Times, L'Oreal, Lego, Diesel and many others to choose Latvia and Scandiweb as the place they get their IT stuff DONE.
Our average age is 24, the majority of our team has joined as juniors - we learned by mistakes, by asking questions and not afraid of accepting seemingly impossible challenges.
We invite YOU to join us! Sky-rocket your professional growth in a genuinely friendly and fun environment!
How to apply:
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Support HR will get back with further steps.
Share with colleagues
Rate this job offer