QA Automation Engineer - Remote Full-time
Scout RFP transforms archaic sourcing processes with clean, intuitive software that helps buyers and suppliers do business more effectively and with fewer headaches.
Scout RFP is well-funded, managed by an experienced team, and growing fast. With over 180 customers and adding more each day, our software is simplifying the buying decision for medium and large enterprises.
What we are looking for
We are looking to add a QA Automation Engineer to create robust automated tests and guide Agile engineering team to archive very fast and wide feedback about committed changes.
Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing automated tests from product requirements and test cases
- Guiding developers in automated testing
- Improve automated test, development and delivery solutions
You’re probably keen to hear about our tech stack:
- AWS is our product’s home, we use following things on a daily basis: Elastic beanstalk, Cloudfront, CloudFormation, Scaling groups, RDS, VPC (subnets, routing, nacl, security groups, ECS, EKS)
- We’re really enjoying React, Redux and Apollo GraphQL client with ES6 and SCSS. Frontend code is unit-tested using Jest and Enzyme and cleanliness is maintained using latest approaches (ESLint, AirBnB style guide, Prettier). Styling is separated from components and modularised using CSS modules approach with the help of webpack.
- Our application backend is built on Ruby on Rails.
- We take full advantage of Postgres with a trigger-based time machine, SQL views, and a willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense.
- Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and websockets definitely play their parts.
- For browser tests we are using Cucumber with Ruby, Capybara and SitePrism
And curious about our engineering workflow:
- Each month we agree to milestones to deliver by the end of the month.
- We release to production once every two weeks.
- Jira and Slack help us coordinate across continents and time zones.
- Gitlab helps us improve each other's code, and our well-tuned linter keeps reviews quick on style and heavy on substance.
- Our QA team works hard to catch issues, bugs, and cross-browser glitches before we merge a pull request into the mainline, and again before release in the weekly smoke test.
- Gitlab CI gives us the power to continually improve our automated testing infrastructure.
We'll promise you a great company, good compensation, an ever-improving benefits program and an equity stake in a company with great career advancement opportunities.
- Minimum 5+ years engineering experience including 3+ years automated testing engineering experience
Knowledge in following things, more - the better:
- BDD approaches and tools (Gherkin / Cucumber)
- Selenium (Capybara, SitePrism)
- CI/CD process and server tools knowledge (preferably GitLab-CI)
- Bash Scripting
- General skills: Linux/Mac, Git
- Containerization: Docker/Docker compose, K8s
You’re responsible, skilled, helpful, and kind. You recognize your team relies on you, but you know when to stop working and value the smart solution over the hard one. We’re looking for someone who:
- Proposes the pragmatic solution to painful problems
- Finds opportunities to teach others
- Loves to hear about the value our work delivers to our customers
- Kindly and consistently pushes the team forward, but knows how to pick their battles
The engineering team is comprised of dedicated senior engineers who are fun and independent. You are supported by smart, driven and fun people dedicated to helping you succeed.
Most of engineers work remotely from Latvia.
Share with colleagues
Rate this job offer