Do you have strong knowledge of development, testing and deployment technologies?
Are you experienced bringing together teams of developers with the IT staff to ensure efficient deployment of cloud-based software releases?
Have a passion for continuous learning to understand best practices for DevOps responsibility at scale?
If so, we need your help!
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- 3 years of experience running large scale deployment
- Strong linux experience
- Champion of automation
- Deep understanding and experience of networking on the cloud: VPC, firewall, Load Balancers
- Deep understanding and experience of configuration management: Chef or Puppet
- Champion of reproducible infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code), using tools like Hashicorp Terraform and Hashicorp Packer
- Proficiency in writing shell script
- Ability to speak & write at a high level of the English language
Preferred experience working and operating with
- Google Cloud Platform
- Implementing and running CI/CD
- Strong understanding of distributed computing
- Node.js applications in a production environment
- NoSQL databases in a production environment: MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- In-memory key-value storages (Redis) in a production environment
- Message brokers/ message queues in a production environment: Google PubSub, Redis PubSub, Kafka
Bonus experience advantage
- Deploying a containerized application in cluster: Kubernetes
- Using Hashicorp Vault to manage secrets: API keys, passwords, or certificates
- Academic background in computer science
- Managing remote teams
How to apply
Please send a message/email at firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com) telling us about yourself and attach a resume as a PDF.
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
After you apply, you'll hear back from us within a day, even if we don't seem like a good fit.